Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This very low carb pizza should please even the Big Carbers amongst your friends and family. Eaten hot, it should be treated like a casserole, but cold it can held like a regular pizza slice. Bonus -- no wheat or gluten. Just meat, cheese and a bit of tomato paste.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces pork skins, crushed (see note A)
- 3 ounces tomato paste (see note B)
- 6 -8 cups mozzarella cheese (see note C)
- 6 -8 cups pepperoni slices (see note C)
- Cook ground beef with about 2 cups of water (water helps beef cook to crumbly) in a large pan on medium-high til completely done. Drain.
- Add 3 eggs, crushed pork skins, and 1/2 can of tomato paste and stir til blended. Spread in large casserole dish and press into bottom to make burger crust.
- Make 3 layers of cheese and pepperoni over hamburger. Cover with tin foil and cook at 400 for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook til browned to taste.
- Serve hot in dishes, as it will not hold together. Cold, it can be sliced and eaten like regular pizza.
- Feel free to add any other spices, meats or (argh) veggies to taste. I like to add about a 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot to my hamburger crust mix before spreading it into the pan.
- A - This is 1/2 of 4oz bag of Rinds. Any pork skin/rinds will do. The dryer the better.
- B - This is 1/2 of 6oz can of Tomato Paste.
- C - I buy the large bag of shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni at Costco. Since my family loves tons of cheese and pepperoni, the cheese will do just over 2 pizzas, and the pepperoni will do just over four.
Awesome recipe!!!! I altered the recipe a bit for a smaller quantity and without pork rinds. 1-1.5 lbs ground beef, 2 eggs, 1 scoop of isopure zero carb unflavored protein and some hot sauce to make the crust. Once it cools, it is hard to tell there isn't a real pizza crust in there. I eat it cold - wow!
I haven't tried this yet...trying to find recipes for my newly diagnosed diabetic 11 yr old grandson...so sad...but this might be a good one...sounds pretty tastey...thanks tsw!