Recipe by manders94
These are soo much better than the original recipe, because they are so much more moist! induction friendly as well!
Top Review by rachel_d
This recipe tastes very good after reducing the sweetener. I am guessing the author meant teaspoons of Splenda and not tablespoons. I used only 4 tsp of liquid splenda (the packets or granulated DO have carbs) and that was enough for my taste. Beware that 4 Tbsp of Splenda could have 6-12 carbs!! depending on what variety you are using. I also decreased the sweetener in the frosting to 2 drops, equivalent to a 2 tsp. The egg is .6 carb, the canned pumpkin I used was 2 carbs for that amount and 1 oz cream cheese has .75 carbs and I believe even the cinnamon/pumpkin spice add 1 carb. I also used unsweetened almond milk. This is still a very low carb breakfast in terms of "normal" muffins but is definitely not 2 carbs- probably closer to 5, but could easily be more depending on the sweetener used. It turns out very moist and delicious every time- a great way to start the morning!
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal (i like golden)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 -4 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon almond milk or 1 teaspoon cream
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or more or less, depends on your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together in a mug and microwave for 1 min 40 sec! for frosting just mix together as well. spread muffin with with frosting. YUM!
- tip: if you forget to get your cream cheese out to soften, microwave it for about 15 seconds and it wiil work fine.
- There are approx 25 carbs in this.