1/1 Photo of Very Low-Carb Hamburger Bun!
I found this recipe on a low-carb forum when Googling different low-carb websites--it sounds crazy, but the end result is amazing! To quote the original post: "This makes a wonderful hamburger bun, it tastes like a whole wheat bun. It's very sturdy and holds up well with all the juiciness of a hamburger with all the fixings." Note: you may need to add more ground flaxseed/flaxseed meal--the consistently of the "stuff" pre-microwaved should be thick and sort of pasty, like brownie batter, not liquidy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl or container.
- 2Put the bowl/container in the microwave and nuke for 1 minute or until center is set.
- 3It will billow up in the bowl.
- 4Leave it in the bowl for another minute then turn it out on a cooling rack and let it cool.
- 5Once it has cooled take a long bread knife and slice the bun in half and make your hamburger as usual.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Low-Carb Hamburger Bun!
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 247.0 mg
- Sodium 541.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g