I found this recipe on a low-carb forum when Googling different low-carb websites--it sounds crazy, but the end result is amazing! To quote the original post: "This makes a wonderful hamburger bun, it tastes like a whole wheat bun. It's very sturdy and holds up well with all the juiciness of a hamburger with all the fixings." Note: you may need to add more ground flaxseed/flaxseed meal--the consistently of the "stuff" pre-microwaved should be thick and sort of pasty, like brownie batter, not liquidy.
- Mix all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl or container.
- Put the bowl/container in the microwave and nuke for 1 minute or until center is set.
- It will billow up in the bowl.
- Leave it in the bowl for another minute then turn it out on a cooling rack and let it cool.
- Once it has cooled take a long bread knife and slice the bun in half and make your hamburger as usual.