Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Variation of a recipe I found at http://community.livejournal.com/pcos_recipes/3673.html - I think it is delicious! Great with sugar-free Cool Whip or sugar-free syrup.
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla whey protein
- 1⁄8 cup pasteurized liquid egg-whites
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (1 ounce) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400*F; Oil a Pyrex loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Mix all liquid ingredients in a large bowl; then add dry ingredients and mix with hand mixer for one minutes. Pour into loaf pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- This bread slices like regular bread.
A little bit dry, but I expected that for low carb quick bread. Great flavor with the cinnamon. I'll mess with this one a bit to see if I can get it to hold more moisture, but the spiciness was yummy. Served this like shortcake, with sliced strawberry and flavored whipped cream. Thanks for sharing. Update: Made this again, adding 1 cup pumpkin and a couple tablespoons of flax in place of the egg white. Added 12 carbs to the whole loaf and was so moist and delicious!