Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Cookies without the guilt!
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk (or skim)
- Mix together first four ingredients.
- Add in last four and mix well.
- Chill dough for at least an hour.
- Roll out dough and cut as you would normally, or drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
These cookies are very, very yummy! They have a great vanilla flavour! I made half the recipe using real sugar (reduced to 1/4 cup) and ended up with 12 fairly big cookies. Ive never baked cookies using only egg whites, so Im not sure if it is supposed to be like that, but my cookies were really, really chewy, I might even say rubbery. Not that they were bad or anything, just a little weird texture-wise. My sis and me really enjoyed these and would definitely make them again! Thanks a lot for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Stormy! Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Fall 09.