- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (I'm sure you could use splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup instant non-fat powdered milk
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup (if you use the walden farms stuff, its even less cals)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 chopped walnuts (optinal, more cals)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oat bran, sugar, cocoa, milk powder and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate syrup, egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Fold in nuts if desired. Cover an 8”x8” pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread batter in pan evenly and bake a 325 degrees for 23 minutes or just until edges are firm and the middle is almost set.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 16 2” squares.