Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Using skinless chicken breast means this tangy dish is lower in saturated fat and cholesterol. The recipe comes from heart health. Marinating time not included.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sliced lemon, rind of
- 3 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix lemon juice, vinegar,lemon peel, oregano, and onions; pour over chicken, cover and marinate in refrigerator several hours or over night, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees; Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika, cover and bake for 30 minutes, uncover and bake 30 minutes more or until done.
Made this as per recipe I really enjoyed this and my husband said not to lose the recipe. Very tangy and it really tasted good , served with baked potatoes and peas. Thanks for posting
We liked it! I took the other reviewers advice and halved the lemon as the kids aren't too fussy. Followed instructions exactly and it turned out great. When I do it again I will reduce the cooking time by 10mins as I have a fan oven. Thanks for posting Barb
This was almost too lemony, but we enjoyed it anyway. Used dried basil instead of oregano, just our preference (actually DH's). Very easy dish and it was nice to have it all prepared and just pop it in the oven at dinnertime. Thanks, Barb.