1/1 Photo of Very Lemon Extra Tangy Lemon Bars
I have created this recipe, using a variety of other recipes for a base and then changing many things to meet my intense lemon craving! These go together very quickly and they are very tangy, on the too-tangy side of wonderful almost. If you lovelovelove tangy lemon and want a nice crisp crust with a higher ratio of lemon to crust, please try this recipe and tell me what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml brown sugar or 78.07 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 473.18 ml flour (no more!)
- 1.23 ml salt
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Using a food processor, pulse cold margerine or butter, brown sugar, almonds, flour, and salt until it is blended together and has a sandy appearance.
- 3Pat crust into a 9x13 pan (i give it a spray to keep everything from sticking and prefer to use a glass pan). It may seem very dry, but that is ok.
- 4Bake crust for 20 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden.
- 5Beat your eggs with a fork or whisk, then stir in lemon juice. In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt. I use 1.5 cups sugar and they are very zingy. If you have any doubts, or know that you prefer slightly less zing, try 1.75 cups of sugar!
- 6Remove crust from oven and reduce heat to 320°F This step is important!
- 7mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Pour mixture on hot crust, and return to oven for 22 minutes, or until filling has set. It might still look a little wobbly in the center, but it will firm up a bit while it cools.
- 8Cool, dust with icing sugar (You will need it if you used the lesser amount of sugar!).
- 9Pucker up! :D.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Lemon Extra Tangy Lemon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 150.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g