Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Taken from Cooking Pleasures mag. Saving for my mom's b-day since she loves lemon desserts.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x8 pan with cooking spray. Whisk flour, baking powder & soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat 3/4 c butter and sugar in large bowl at medium speed 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 Tbs lemon peel. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk, lemon juice and vanilla in small bowl. At low speed, beat in flour mixture in 3 parts alternately with milk mixture just until blended, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spread batter in pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, lemon curd and 2 Tbs lemon peel at medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar; beat 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Spread frosting over cake. Cover and refrigerate. Serve at room temperature. Store in refrigerator.
The cake was dry and the flavor not lemony enough. I did not try the frosting.