Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is something I came up with when I saw some beautiful hot red peppers at the local market and thought about how to make a chilli sauce without any difficult ingredients. Thus I came up with the idea of blending them with semi-dried tomatoes. It is very potent so use sparingly to accompany dishes which need a bit of a 'kick'.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and fry the peppers until they have browned all over. Be careful they spit!
- Put them in a plastic bag to sweat for 5 minutes and then peel removing the seeds and add to a small blender or multi-chopper.
- Chop semi-dried tomatoes and add to blender. Try to use plump semi- dried tomatoes in olive oil as they taste better.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, vinegar and a little olive oil.
- Blend until mixture becomes a thick red paste.
- Keep in a small glass jar in the fridge covered with a layer of olive oil to keep it from spoiling. It should last several weeks.