Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very healthy and tasty dish. I was looking for a dish to include smoked mackerel and stumbled upon this recipe. Great with Cous Cous as a main meal.
- heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft and transparent.
- stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar, sugar and bay leaf - bring to the boil.
- season and stir in the beans.
- Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- stir in the fish, cover and cook until piping hot, approximately 5 minutes.
- serve with cous cous or chunky french bread.
A delicious, fast & healthy meal! I bet leftover roast chicken could be subbed for the mackerel as well. I love the mackerel though. Next time I will make it with butter beans. yum.