Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We eat these all the time. They are extremely healthy and delicious too.
- 2 (240 g) cans red salmon
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- If the mixture is too soft, add more oats. If the mixture is too dry add another egg white.
- Shape into cakes.
- Spray non-stick frying pan and cook until golden on each side.
- These are delicious hot or cold.
Made these for dinner last night. Made a nice little dill sauce out of 2 tsp ricotta mixed with 1 tsp mayo, some dry dill and ground pepper to taste. Made a GREAT topping for the patties and a wonderful dip for my side of cherry tomatoes. This is a keeper!!!
These were wonderful, best salmon cakes I've ever eaten. I too used regular canned salmon. All fresh herbs and added a liberal sprinkle of garlic powder. Also loved the texture that the combo of oats and ricotta gave the patties. I think the leftovers are going to be made into sammies with lettuce tomatoe and herb mayo. Thanks for posting such a great way to get more fish into my families diet.
These salmon cakes were absolutely awesome ... the best I've ever had, and ah.... the fresh herbs from the garden made them unbelievable.