Recipe by Jamie1234
This is a slight alteration from a published recipe, but using whole wheat flour and sugar substitute make it especially healthy. Sweet in their own way, a batch of these never last in our house!!!
- 2 cups Fiber One cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda granular (or other non-calorie sweetener)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, plus
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (or smallest can you can find)
- 1⁄4 cup apple butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cereal and milk into a large bowl.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder into another large bowl.
- After the 15 minutes have gone by, add apple butter and eggs to the cereal mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the raisins and the pineapple.
- Bake in 12 non-stick, sprayed muffin tins at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Let muffins sit in tins for 10 minutes before removing.