Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The dressing is what makes this salad. Adapted from Chef Tal Ronnen's The Conscious Cook cookbook.
Make and share this Very Green Salad With Herb Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small shallot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 small sprigs fresh tarragon
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary, stem removed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil (or olive oil)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, finely diced
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and finely diced
- Mince the garlic and shallot in a food processor. Scrape down sides and the add parsley, tarragon, basil and rosemary. Pulse to chop.
- Add the vinegar, agave nectar, salt, pepper, mustard, and 1 tbls. water. Pulse again. With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil in a thin stream.
- Place the cucumber, lettuce, onion, and kohlrabi in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Enjoy!
This was such a wonderful salad. The flavor of all the herbs was just great !! I could not find fresh tarragon so had to use dried. Also did not have agave nectar so just used some honey. I don't think it affected the taste because this was just so good. I had to go to two different places to find the "kohlrabi" but it added a nice crunch to the salad and well worth trying to find. I will be making this dressing and salad again. Does not take too long to put together and it goes great with just about anything. Made it to go with Chicken Pepper Panini and it worked out well. Made in memory of Sharon's DH. Thanks so much for sharing Sharon.
A lovely herbal tasting dressing with my favourite type of salad, GREEN! I subbed honey for agave and also used cider apple venegar in place of white wine vinegar. I used oak leaf lettuce, spring onions and cucumber for the salad and added a few sprigs of chervil and parsley to garnish. Totally delicious as all of your reicpes are Shaz! Merci encore. Made for the Chives and Scallions tag game in the Herb of the Month Club in the French Forum and Sharon's Cookathon. Karen/FT:-)
This is such a great, fresh-tasting salad. I love all the fresh herbs in the dressing. I will keep this recipe in rotation during the summer when my herbs are growing. Made for ZWT8 Thank you!