Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Knock your socks off good and super simple, quick recipe. Remember the key to good biscuits is not to overwork the dough.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 3⁄4 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces gouda cheese, grated (1/2 of a small wheel)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne.
- In a food processor or bowl cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add milk, gouda, pecans and combine just until moistened.
- Knead gently or use food processor and shape into ball.
- Roll out onto floured surface to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- Use a 3" biscuit cutter which has been dipped in flour to cut biscuits.
- Place one inch apart on baking sheet.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes at 450 degrees.
I thought these biscuits were very good. I loved the crunchiness and flavor of the pecans but would have liked more cheese and cayenne since they didn't stand out very well. Thanks for participating in the contest. I wish you the best of luck!
5 STARS! vERY VERY GOOD! i USED CHOPPED UNSALTED CASHEWS(COULDN'T FIND MY PECANS)and asiago cheese, similar to gouda. I served with rich cream sauce so biscuits could be split with sauce or their choice. Everyone loved the cayenne pepper and cheese in the biscuits. If I could give you more stars I would, a simple recipe and great tasting. I try every biscuit that I find and this is on the top of the list! A winner in my book!
I enjoyed these light and tender biscuits. They were flavourful, cheesey and very spicy. The addition of the pecans was a nice touch. Nice use of contest ingredients, good luck.