Recipe by Polly W
I find recipes that sound good then I add or change the ingredients to my taste. This can also be made with chicken which is just as good and cheaper!! Plus I REALLY love veal .
Top Review by JustJanS
We really enjoyed this thank you. I had big, fat veal loin chops so I cooked them until done to our liking, then went on with the sauce. I decided to cut down the lemon juice to just a half and that was good for us. The sauce really went well with our oven roasted cherry tomatoes on the vine and broccoli.
- 1 lb veal scallopini
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge veal lightly in flour then salt and pepper each piece.
- In large skillet, heat butter and olive oil.
- Turn temperature to high and sauté veal until lightly brown about 1 minute on each side. Remove to plate and cover to keep warm.
- Sauté garlic over medium heat in same pan as veal was cooked in, add wine and lemon juice and bring to boil making sure to get all drippings on bottom of pan.
- Add a little parsley if you like and pour the sauce over the veal.