Recipe by Marla in California
I created this recipe using some ideas from other of chicken and rice casseroles that I found. This turned out so delicious that my family raved about it and and insisted that I add it to my tried and true recipe collection.
Top Review by :)Shirl(:
Made this with some left over turkey from Easter. It was goood. I used 4 cups of cooked rice instead of success rice, used fresh mushrooms and left off the cornflake crumbs. I would make this again but with changes...I would leave out the celery although good with it, it gave it an oriental flavor to me. I would also cut it in half as it's just my husband and I and this makes a full casserole dish. Thank you Marla for posting this recipe.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken or 4 cups turkey
- 2 packages cooked 10-minute Success rice
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can mushrooms or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup fine corn flake crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery and onions in butter.
- Mix together soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, mushrooms, chilies, celery, onions and seasonings.
- Spread 1 pkg.
- of the cooked rice on the bottom of a buttered 9x13 pan.
- Cover with 2 cups of the chicken.
- Spread 1/2 of the soup mixture over chicken.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with cheese and corn flake crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 30-40 minutes.