Recipe by Polly W
This recipe comes from the Recipes for Life/Cooking for a Cure cookbook. I have made this recipe many times and it is SO good. It goes well with just about anything you might be serving for dinner ! Easy and can be prepared ahead of time.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 fresh lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in large saute pan in salted boiling water for about 3 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK ! You want the asparagus to still be crisp.
- Remove and immediately submerge in ice water. Drain asparagus well.
- Arrange asparagus on broilerproof serving plate.
- Beat butter in medium bowl until light and fluffy.Add cheese, basil, garlic and lemon juice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drop butter mixture by teaspoonful over asparagus. This can then be covered and put in fridge until dinner.When ready, pre-heat broiler, Place serving plate under broiler and broil about 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Watch closely as to not burn the cheese mixture ! Serve hot.