Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Garlic broth is a great base instead of chicken stock or beef stock. The taste of garlic is good for the soul. Might be good for a cold too!
- 10 garlic heads
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (any combination such as, carrots, potatoes, onions and celery)
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- Separate the garlic heads into individual cloves, but don't peel them.
- Place in a 3 qt saucepan.
- Add the water, vegetables, parsley and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer at least 2 hours.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and colinder.
- *Note:you can use your cooked vegies for a great side dish if you want.