Recipe by Tish
This is a gourmet style pizza easy to throw together with a prepared crust or take a little time and make your crust. Sure to love it if you love Shrimp! Prep time is for prepared crust...if you make your own it will take more time but it's worth it!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Awesome pizza! Garlic shrimp is my favourite, and this recipe is perfect. I used goat's gouda cheese instead of fontina and a sheep fresh cheese similar to mozzarella because I can't have cow's milk cheese. Made this with a gluten free pizza crust. Will make it again for sure! Thanks for posting :)
Made for Bargain Basement.
- 2 pizza dough, 9 inch frozen or home made
- 30 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined with tails removed
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese or 1 cup mild swiss cheese, such as finlandia swiss cheese
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup orange bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup yellow peppers or 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10" to 12" frypan, heat the cup of olive oil to medium low and add the shrimp and garlic.
- If the shrimp is raw, sauté for 3 minutes on each side.
- If the shrimp is already cooked, sauté for two minutes on each side (all you are doing is flavoring the shrimp with the oil and garlic).
- Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Place your baking stones in the oven and heat to 550ºF.
- On a floured surface, press the dough into a 9" circle (if you are doing home made).
- Place pizza dough on a surface that can slide on the stone or use a pizza peel covered with parchment paper.
- With a pastry brush, coat the dough with the garlic olive oil.
- For each pizza, add half the mozzarella, half the Fontina, and 1/2 the diced pepper.
- Now place 15 shrimp on each pizza and 1/2 the goat cheese in chunks.
- Add half the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with 1/2 the Parmesan cheese.
- Dribble some of the remaining garlic oil over the pizza.
- When adding the topping, leave a 1" border on the edges so the dough can rise all around the edges.
- It is easy to stretch the dough out on the edges after the toppings are on.
- Pull out an oven rack and using a spatula, slide a pizza onto a stone.
- Rotate the pizza (s) 180º after about 3 minutes.
- Bake for 2 more minutes.
- At 550º, total baking time is 5 or 6 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove, slice, and serve.