From the Young Times magazine. This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry the chicken pieces.
- 2Cut into 1 inch sized cubes.
- 3Marinate the chicken pieces in a mixture of 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, salt, egg and 1 Tablespoon cornflour for 10 minutes.
- 4Peel and crush garlic finely.
- 5Remove stems, wash and chop the green chillies finely.
- 6Heat oil in a wok.
- 7Deep fry the chicken pieces in hot oil till light brown.
- 8Drain and keep aside.
- 9De-stem and break red chillies into two.
- 10Grind these alongwith vinegar in a blender to obtain a paste; keep aside.
- 11Heat a Tablespoon of oil in a wok.
- 12Add garlic and green chillies.
- 13Stir-fry for a few seconds.
- 14Add soy sauce.
- 15Mix well.
- 16Add sugar, black pepper powder and red chilli paste.
- 17Add a cup of water.
- 18Stir well.
- 19Add the fried chicken pieces and mix well.
- 20Add the remaining cornstarch after dissolving it in half a cup of water.
- 21Stir in honey.
- 22Cook for 5 more minutes.
- 23Remove from heat and serve hot with Chinese fried rice or Vegetarian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) (Recipe Number:44512).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Flavourful Chinese Honey Chilli Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.6
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 140.2 mg
- Sodium 616.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 27.3 g