Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend and it vastly improves my opinion of homemade versus canned tomato soup.
- 2 (26 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients except the parmesan to a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Puree with a hand blender.
- Put parmesan in the bottom of individual bowls and pour soup on top to ensure it melts.