Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is very simple to make and very little prep work, works best with pretty fresh tomatoes and is cheap.
- 1 lb spaghetti (or any other type of pasta)
- 4 -5 cups diced tomatoes
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup basil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- olive oil
- Start to boil water and while doing so cut up 4-5 cups of tomatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut finely 3/4 cup of basil and 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Take tomatoes basil parsley and 4 cups of mozzarella and put in a large bowl, add desired amount of salt and pepper, pour in olive oil until the mixture is submerged and can marinate.
- By now the water should be boiled, so cook the 1lb of pasta while the mixture marinates.
- Drain pasta, put back in the pot, add the tomato basil mozzarella etc mixture, mix it around and let it sit so the cheese melts -- serve.
This was a really easy and delicious pasta dish! The only thing is, when you add it to your shopping list, it puts it under canned goods - so that is what I bought - and I think that fresh would be much better. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
MMMMM MMMM this looks REALLY GOOD!!! easy & excellent!!!! For garlic lovers like me,,before or at the same time your adding pasta to boiling water, just toss in as many garlic cloves you like to the boiling water ( I usually do 2-3),you boil along with your pasta,then drain pasta and water,garlic will be nice and soft by the time pasta's done depending how big the garlic cloves you added,if big,,add while bring up water to boil before adding pasta) when pasta is done according to pkg directions,drain & pick out garlic cloves, easily mash with fork and add to your sauce..scrumptious!!! oh and I make something similair to this myself and I love it for a lovely quick meal!!! Thanx for posting Debbie :)