Recipe by chef strats
This recipe is very simple to make and very little prep work, works best with pretty fresh tomatoes and is cheap.
Top Review by billikers
This was a really easy and delicious pasta dish! The only thing is, when you add it to your shopping list, it puts it under canned goods - so that is what I bought - and I think that fresh would be much better. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
- 1 lb spaghetti (or any other type of pasta)
- 4 -5 cups diced tomatoes
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup basil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Start to boil water and while doing so cut up 4-5 cups of tomatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut finely 3/4 cup of basil and 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Take tomatoes basil parsley and 4 cups of mozzarella and put in a large bowl, add desired amount of salt and pepper, pour in olive oil until the mixture is submerged and can marinate.
- By now the water should be boiled, so cook the 1lb of pasta while the mixture marinates.
- Drain pasta, put back in the pot, add the tomato basil mozzarella etc mixture, mix it around and let it sit so the cheese melts -- serve.