Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great stromboli recipe! Use fillings of your choice!
- 1 cup water, 75-85 degrees
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rise yeast
- 5 -6 slices provolone cheese
- 20 slices thinly sliced pepperoni (to taste)
- 12 -14 slices hot ham
- Select settings for your bread machine for dough.
- Add liquid ingredients to pan.
- Add dry ingredients, except yeast, to pan.
- Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into corners.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast.
- Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for dough.
- Program timer if used.
- Start bread maker.
- When done, unlock pan from bread maker.
- Place dough onto floured surface.
- Cut in 2 pieces for thick crust, 3 pieces for thinner crust.
- Roll out to 2 or 3 14 x 8 rectangles, place the 6 slices of provolone cheese along one edge of each rectangle overlapping each slice enough to run the 14 inch length of crust.
- Place 3 rows of pepperoni along 14 inch edge overlapping each slice by 1/2.
- be sure to leave 2-3 inches along opposite edge free of filling so when you roll up it will make a good seal.
- roll to make a 14 inch loaf making sure to not wrap tightly.
- Place diagonal slices across top about every 2 inches to vent.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Place on oven broiler pan greased (no foil) so any oil from pepperoni can run to bottom pan not soaking into crust.
I subbed unsalted butter for the oil, upped the sugar to 1 T., and used my bread machine on the dough cycle. I then made 2 loaves with green onions, black forest ham and havarti--deeelish! We had one loaf for dinner, while the other was sliced and frozen. A few seconds in the microwave and they were as good as when fresh.
excellent! this dough is now my favorite for making stromboli! so simple- the dough was very easy to work with- made 2 stromboli. i filled mine with pepperoni and shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkled italian seasoning blend over all. i also brushed the rolls with egg white before baking. these turned out tender and delicious- will definately be making again!
I made this recipe for Freeze it tag and it turned out great. I did make the dough in the bread machine and it was very easy to handle. This is a great lunch box idea... I froze the roll already cut into slices and then I could just pop them into the lunch box and the kids could eat them cold or warm them up in the class microwave. Thanks for posting!