I make this every Christmas because my whole family requests it. It's SO flavorful and tastes outstanding. This is a great comfort food as well as a zesty, creamy meal perfect for entertaining. I use canned crabmeat and it's great. I found that adding salt makes it too salty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (17 ounce) jar low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 12 ounces crabmeat
- 1In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery, red pepper and garlic in butter until tender.
- 2Add tomato basil and alfredo sauces; stir to mix well.
- 3Add chicken broth and Tabasco sauce; simmer over low heat about 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- 4Add shrimp or crabmeat; cook until shrimp just turns pink if using shrimp.
- 5Serve bisque garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Easy Seafood Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 136.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato and basil pasta sauce
low-fat alfredo sauce