Recipe by KadesMom
I make this every Christmas because my whole family requests it. It's SO flavorful and tastes outstanding. This is a great comfort food as well as a zesty, creamy meal perfect for entertaining. I use canned crabmeat and it's great. I found that adding salt makes it too salty.
Top Review by joyzeegoil
Quick, Simple and delicious. Loved it -- however, I am not a big pepper fan, I used 1/2 a pepper. I also like my bisque creamy so before adding the seafood (I used crab and shrimp) I used my hand blender to 'puree' the veggies in it. Loved the taste of the alfredo and tomato with the seafood. Was a hit at home and at work.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (17 ounce) jar low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 12 ounces crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery, red pepper and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add tomato basil and alfredo sauces; stir to mix well.
- Add chicken broth and Tabasco sauce; simmer over low heat about 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp or crabmeat; cook until shrimp just turns pink if using shrimp.
- Serve bisque garnished with parsley.