Recipe by GrandmaG
I got this recipe from "Betty Crocker's Holiday Cookbook". WOW what a great tasting bread. This bread is perfect for any Italian dish. And It's sooooooo easy! No dough to mix! Cook time includes time for packaged dough balls to thaw and rise. I used my bundt cake pan, because of it's thickness it took about 5 hours for the dough to thaw and rise.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used already minced garlic from a jar)
- 24 pieces frozen yeast dinner roll dough (I used Rich's Enriched Homestyle Roll Dough, 25 ounce package)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 12 cup tube pan or fluted bundt cake pan, (do not use 10 cup it is not large enough), with cooking spray.
- In small sauce pan or microwave, heat all ingredients except roll dough, until butter is melted.
- Place half of the frozen dough balls in pan.
- Generously brush butter mixture over dough in pan, (I didn't have a brush so I drizzled the mixture with a spoon).
- Layer the remaining dough balls in pan.
- Brush with remaining butter mixture.
- Spray again with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap and stand in warm place for about 4 hours or until double in size.
- Heat oven to 350°F Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped and top is deep golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; turn upside down onto serving plate.