Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My family makes this yummy recipe often. It's great for late dinners when you have only a few minutes to serve to your family. Note: For super-quick meals, freeze lots of browned hamburger in 1-lb portions. Then add seasonings with the soup and milk. MUCH faster!
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- Brown hamburger with pepper, paprika, salt and minced onion.
- Add soup and milk and simmer until heated through.
- Taste a bit. If it needs more seasonings, add it by 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoons.
- Serve on rice, noodles or a sandwich (we always do rice, but the original recipe says you can make it into a sandwich or put it on noodles.
This was very good just the right flavor not heavy. I added about 1/4 cup of onion dip which was already prepared. It gave it a little more pop. Thanks.
Fabulous! A real time saver at the end of a busy day with a hungry family waiting! I followed the recipe but added a few dashes of Worcestershire and served over pasta...everyone loved it and I loved the change from the usual spaghetti quick dinner. A real keeper!!
These were filling and delicious! Had DH make this and he shaped them into meatballs. Tried this with rice and left over mashed potatoes from Mashed-Potato-Stuffed Chicken. I prefer serving this with the latter. Love the cream of mushroom with it! Thanks! Made and reviewed for Recipe Swap #16.