Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very quick, flavorful and heart-healthy side dish. If you haven't cooked with fresh spinach before you will be amazed at how easy it is to cook and how much better it tastes than frozen or canned. The dish can easily be multiplied, as long as you have a pan big enough to hold the raw spinach.
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon minced garlic, to taste (I use the kind in a jar)
- In a pan large enough to hold the spinach, put olive oil and garlic, over medium heat.
- add spinach immediately and saute, moving the cooked spinach from the bottom up to keep things cooking evenly.
- when all of the spinach is wilted and the stems are tender, it's done.
- do not let the garlic brown or it will get bitter.
Easy, yummy, can't go wrong here! Used a ton more garlic and added a tablespoon of lemon juice since I didn't salt it. I usually do that when I don't add salt and it would need some otherwise. I am surprised you didn't include that in your ingredients. Will make this again and again!
Very easy and very tasty indeed. I also added some salt and pepper and it was a wonderful side dish to our fish. Thank you.
A really simple and wonderful way to serve spinach! Just a touch of salt and pepper and VIOLA!! YUMS!