Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
After the price of Danish went up again at my local bakery, I thought, 'I could make that'. So here's a nice easy recipe for a yummy pastry treat using ready-made puff pastry. You can use any type of jam (jelly) that you like - ie - apricot, blueberry, plum, etc.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 8 teaspoons jam (jelly)
- Grease an oven tray and preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 Fahrenheit).
- Cut 8 squares of equal size from the puff pastry sheets (or circles if you prefer).
- Place two teaspoons of jam (jelly) on 4 of the pastry squares. On the other 4 pieces, cut criss-crosses for ventilation and for prettiness.
- Press the criss-crossed pastry pieces on top of the jam covered pieces, and press together all around the edge using a little oil.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.