Recipe by Happy Happy Joy Joy
I get so wrapped up in making "interesting" food that sometimes I forget that something so simple can taste so wonderful! I am sure there must be a version of this somewhere, too easy not to be, but I just made this up one day to go with baked chicken thighs. My 9 year old daughter said, "YUMMY" Not too spicy.
- 4 -6 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tony chachere's original creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray Pam into a 11X9 glass baking dish (potatoes will stick without it).
- Peel potatoes and cut to desired size.
- Lay potatoes in one layer in baking dish.
- Pour olive oil evenly over cut up potatoes.
- Sprinkle creole seasoning and parsley flakes to taste.
- Lightly stir to evenly coat all pieces.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover and lightly stir.
- Replace in oven uncovered and bake for 15 minutes longer or till all pieces are soft (depending on size of potato pieces).
- Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning contains salt, red pepper, garlic and other spices. Probably "secret" spices. You can substitute a low salt variety or maybe another brand. Mrs. Dash might work. Personally I need salt on potatoes.
- If you are in a hurry, which I usually am, you can microvave the potatoes in the glass dish for 10 minutes on high and then pop in the oven for 10 minutes to brown. It is not as good this way, but you said you were in a hurry.