Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We all loved this dish, even the kids! Serve with crusty french bread, basmati rice and a spring salad. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I have just tried it myself. Findings: I made it with more chicken stock, double the garlic & more sliced lemon and no lemon juice to suit DH's preference for not too much lemon and becuase we had guests and I had 6 chicken breasts. DH approved of it made this way as the lemon flavour came though well, without being overly acidic. Guests wanted the recipe, so it's a keeper. ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small lemon, halved lengthwise, then sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (from 1 1/2 large or 3 small lemons)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees; place a heat-proof platter (or casserole dish) in oven.
- Pour flour onto a plate. Coat both sides of chicken breast halves in flour; shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Saute half the chicken (without moving) until lightly browned on first side, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook until second side is lightly browned and chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to heated platter or casserole dish and return to oven.
- Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- In same skillet, saute garlic about 10 seconds; add broth and lemon slices. Increase heat to high. Scrape skillet bottom with wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Simmer about 10 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Add lemon juice and capers and simmer about 5 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in butter until it melts and sauce thickens. Blend in parsley.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
So easy to make and so delicious! This was an all around family pleaser and one we will enjoy each time we have it! Deliciously flavored and tender. Love the caper addition!
Yum! This was very easy and good. We love chicken piccata and served this with Mushroom Linguine for a delicious meal. Thanks kiwidutch. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks.
This was very easy!!! Chicken Piccata is a family favorite and this was made in no time at all. I added a little white wine with the chicken broth. Thanks Kiwi!