Recipe by taikaviitta
This is my own recipe, I invented it when my boyfriend described his childhood favourite chicken food. Sauce is very easy to vary, you can put in almost every spice you like. The measurements are metric, and the language is bad. sorry, the measurements are metric...
- 400 g chicken, cut into strips
- 400 -500 ml chicken consomme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 -4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the flour and the butter on a frying pan or in a sauce pan.
- Brown only a bit.
- Pour in the chicken consommé and beat to smooth.
- Pour the sauce to a bowl and fry the chicken strips on the pan.
- Pour in the sauce and cook over a low heat about 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- You can add almost any spice you like to this, and the amounts of curry, white pepper and cumin can vary a lot.
- These amounts are only approximate, I never measure them.
- This is best with long-grain rice first fried a little with onions and butter and then boiled in chicken consomme (with a cinnamon stick and curry).