Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super easy and very quick to put together. My husband LOVES this dish. You could use lasagna noodles too and layer the mix just like a regular lasagna.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 large pasta shells
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese, sliced up
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (or more if you like)
- alfredo sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make Jumbo shells according to directions on box and rinse.
- Cut up chicken into small chunks.
- Pour olive oil in bottom of frying pan and heat up or you can use cooking spray or even margarine. Butter burns too quickly.
- Add garlic and chicken.
- Cook chicken until well done and there is no more pink.
- Drain can of artichoke hearts and cut into small pieces.
- Add hearts and most of the jar of Alfredo sauce into pan leave about 1/4 cup for baking dish, and cook until small boil.
- Mix egg with ricotta cheese and when mixed add to chicken mixture.
- Bring back to a small boil and then set aside.
- In a baking dish, spray bottom with cooking spray.
- Pour a small amount of Alfredo sauce just to cover bottom of pan.
- Put about a tablespoon of chicken mixture in each jumbo shell and place in baking dish. I line them up neatly. Pour whatever leftover mixture you have over shells to cover.
- Place slices of mozzarella over the entire dish, covering all of the shells and mixture.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes.
This was FAB! I changed it a bit, for our tastes, adding some red pepper flakes to the mixture, and not putting the alfredo sauce into the stuffing, only on the top and in the botom of the baking dish. My husband loved it! Next time I am going to use broccoli instead of artichoke hearts, for a variation. Thanks so much for a great idea!!!