Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Campbell's soup inspired recipe. Quick and easy shortcut for chicken and cheese enchiladas.
- 1 lb cubed chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas or 8 (8 inch) corn tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa, for dipping (optional)
- Season chicken as desired.
- Combine chicken and cilantro in skillet and cook until done.
- Add water and soup to chicken.
- Once mixture starts to simmer, set aside.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of mixture on half of each tortilla.
- Fold other side over tortilla.
- Wet edges to seal.
- Place on baking sheet and bake on 425 degrees until hot, approximately 5 minutes.
Excellent flavor! Super easy and satisfying. I added some grated cheese and chopped green onion on top of each Quesadilla during the last 2-3 minutes, and served with refried beans. DH loved it! I can't wait to test it out with the grandsons. Thanks so much Chef Fifi!
This was really good,but be warned,these are very filling...I had two and felt stuffed! I sauteed my chicken pieces with onions,garlic and Cajun seasoning before adding the soup.And I placed them in a greased 9x13 pan,and covered it tightly with foil and put them in a 350 oven for about 15 min. Tasty simple recipe which I will make again..thanks!