Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fast, Easy and Cheap! This recipe makes your house smell amazing. A few very simple ingredients and almost no prep make this pasta a keeper! Great served with a light salad and fresh homemade sourdough. Can also be served cold and is great for a romantic picnic!
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes ("Pastene" brand with Basil works best)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil (can use fresh)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 100 g feta (1/2 of a container)
- 250 g penne
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Reserving the liquid, drain can of italian Tomatoes. Spread tomatoes on a shallow pan and cut each in half (cut side up). Sprinkle with the crushed garlic, a tbsp of oil, salt and the basil. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- In the last 10 minutes add the retained liquid that was in the can.
- Boil pasta and cut feta into small cubes.
- When tomatoes are finished baking they will be burnt a bit (that's what you want),transfer all to a small bowl and crush with fork. Add the rest of the oil.
- Pour the tomato mixture and the feta over the hot pasta and toss.
This is so easy and really delicious. I've made it several times now, including once for company, and love it every time!
this was so yummy and easy to make. As simple as the recipe was I didn't think it would be so good, but it is now one of my very favorites.
This was really, really good! I tried it in my toaster oven and used some whole wheat elbow macaroni that I had on hand. Super comfort food.