Recipe by paxye
Fast, Easy and Cheap! This recipe makes your house smell amazing. A few very simple ingredients and almost no prep make this pasta a keeper! Great served with a light salad and fresh homemade sourdough. Can also be served cold and is great for a romantic picnic!
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes ("Pastene" brand with Basil works best)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil (can use fresh)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 100 g feta (1/2 of a container)
- 250 g penne
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Reserving the liquid, drain can of italian Tomatoes. Spread tomatoes on a shallow pan and cut each in half (cut side up). Sprinkle with the crushed garlic, a tbsp of oil, salt and the basil. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- In the last 10 minutes add the retained liquid that was in the can.
- Boil pasta and cut feta into small cubes.
- When tomatoes are finished baking they will be burnt a bit (that's what you want),transfer all to a small bowl and crush with fork. Add the rest of the oil.
- Pour the tomato mixture and the feta over the hot pasta and toss.