Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 mins
If there was a category for food porn this would be in it! Very decadent is an understatement here! A stunning dessert that will gets lots of attention. Perfect for any special occasion, or to make any old occasion special! Prep time does not include refridgeration time.
- 250 g plain chocolate cookies
- 150 g butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 200 g white chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup coconut liqueur
- 300 g ferrero rocher white chocolate truffles
- 300 g ferrero raffaello chocolate truffles
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted
- Blend or process cookies until finely crushed.
- Add butter and blend until combined.
- Press mixture over base and sides of a deep 24cm loose-based flan tin.
- Cover and refrigerate while making filling.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a heatproof cup.
- Stand cup in a pan of simmering water and stir until gelatine is dissolved.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sour cream and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in cooled melted white chocolate and gelatine.
- Stir in desiccated coconut and coconut liqueur.
- Pour mixture over cookie base.
- Arrange chocolates over the filling and then drizzle melted dark chocolate decoratively over the top.
- Cover and refridgerate until set (about 6 hours or overnight).
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates are a dark chocolate truffle with nuts in the middle.
- Ferrero Raffaello are a white chocolate truffle.
- Other types could be used in their place but make sure you use one light coloured (white chocolate) and one dark for the colour effect.