2 hrs 30 mins
Chef RobinSmith's Note:
This is the creamiest Scalloped Potatoes I can make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Peel potatoes.
- 3Slice potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. I use my meat slicer on #4.
- 4Melt butter in saucepan.
- 5Add salt and pepper to butter.
- 6Add flour to butter and cook for a couple of minutes. You don't want to taste the flour.
- 7Add milk to butter mixture and whisk.
- 8Butter a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- 9Whisk your milk every chance you get. You must multi task.
- 10Arrange potatoes in single layer then sprinkle with onion. Do this until potatoes and onion are gone. About 4 layers.
- 11Whisk the milk until it boils. If you don't whisk it will stick to the bottom and burn. When the milk boils pour milk over potatoes.
- 12Cover with foil.
- 13Put in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- 14When potatoes are fork tender remove foil top. Allow to brown for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 167.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g