Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the creamiest Scalloped Potatoes I can make.
- 5 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 7 cups milk
- 1 large onion
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel potatoes.
- Slice potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. I use my meat slicer on #4.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add salt and pepper to butter.
- Add flour to butter and cook for a couple of minutes. You don't want to taste the flour.
- Add milk to butter mixture and whisk.
- Butter a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Whisk your milk every chance you get. You must multi task.
- Arrange potatoes in single layer then sprinkle with onion. Do this until potatoes and onion are gone. About 4 layers.
- Whisk the milk until it boils. If you don't whisk it will stick to the bottom and burn. When the milk boils pour milk over potatoes.
- Cover with foil.
- Put in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- When potatoes are fork tender remove foil top. Allow to brown for about 30 minutes.