Recipe by tommd47
I have been trying to make a good homemade Mac n cheese and could never get it just the way I wanted it but with a little experimenting I think I found it.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese
- 4 ounces asiago cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the macaroni.
- While macaroni is cooking add milk, butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper to a pan and heat until sauce thickens.
- Drain macaroni and add half of it in a casserole dish. Sprinkle half of the cheeses over the macaroni and then pour the remaining macaroni on top and sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top.
- Pour the milk mixture over the macaroni and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cheeses are melted and bubbling.