Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Well, you did want to know how to get your hair that wonderful green colour, didn't you?
Make and share this Very Cool Koolaid Hair Dye recipe from Food.com.
- Be very sure to use UNSWEETENED.
- Mix one packet of Kool-Aid with the water in a pot.
- Heat until boiling, stirring.
- Remove from heat and cool to a temperature that is warm but not hot.
- Dip as much hair as possible into the mix.
- Then, with your head over the pot, ladle the kool-aid over the hair.
- Do this for 15 minutes.
- Wring out hair and pat dry with paper towels.
- Don't wrap in a towel as it will absorb too much colour.
- At this point you could wrap your hair in plastic wrap and leave overnight or for several hours.
- Then, uncover and let dry.
- After it dries, rinse repeatedly, shampoo and condition.
- Note: The excess colour may stain your skin.
- Smear petroleum jelly on exposed skin.
- Even if staining occurs, it will scrub off.
I've tried this way before, but that's too much water - the color will be diluted. I generally would use about 1/2c of water for shoulder-length hair. What I've learned since then is to mix the kool-aid into hair conditioner. Wash your hair and apply the mixed conditioner. Allow to sit overnight (if possible). Then rinse hair and do not shampoo for the first 24-hours. It works much better than water method!
It didn't work on my daughters dark blonde hair.
not at all a good 1. didnt do anything 4 my daughters hair. i tryed this 1 cause i couldnt remeber how the 1 i done in jr. went. Im goin 2 try the way Laura Tracey sugest