Recipe by rustle
An invention of my own, although it must be a variation on a theme. Contains lots of chocolate, and is obviously very rich
For the base
- 200 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g butter
For the filling
- 147 ml single cream
- 147 ml double cream
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the bicuits in a plastic food bag, or use a food mixer. Melt the butter and then add this to the bicuits. Use this mixture to line a flan/torte case.
- Bring the combined creams up to scalding point in a medium sized pan.
- In a seperate pan combine the egg yolks with the caster sugar.
- Add a little of the cream to the eggs, and combine, follow this with the remaining cream, whisking very quickly to avoid lumps, return to the heat and thicken until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, and there a few lumps.
- Transfer half of the mixture to the pan used to heat the cream inches You now have two half mixtures.
- To each one add either the dark or white chocolate, and stir until melted.
- Pour each mixture into the base and swirl, aiming for artistry.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.