Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe was submitted by D.J. Francis in the June-July 1997 issue of Austin Vegetarian Living (Bimonthly Publication of Vegetarian Network of Austin). D.J. said, "a vegan dessert sure to satisfy the choco-holic in anyone". Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 21 ounces tofu (2 10.5-oz aseptic boxes of Mori-nu Lite Silken Tofu, Firm)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla is D.J.'s favorite)
- 10 ounces non-dairy chocolate chips (Sunspire brand or D.J.'s favorite, Tropical Source, which is available in chocolate-peanut butter)
- graham cracker pie crust or cookie pie crust
- kiwi (optional) or strawberry, for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, process tofu and vanilla until smooth. Melt chocolate chips by 1) placing them in an open glass dish and microwaving for 1 minute on 80% power, stir, and microwave for an additional minute on 80% power, or 2) using a double boiler.
- Add the chocolate to the tofu mixture and process until smooth.
- Pour into crust and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice into small slices, as it is very rich, and serve.
- Garnish with fruit, if desired.