Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't look at this recipe unless you REALLY love chocolate!!
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix crumbs, sugar, and butter; press into bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add flour; beat well.
- Add eggs; beat until just mixed.
- Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Chill before serving.
10 inch pan: I trippled the base. Used the same amounts for the filling. I used a steambath and kept my heat at 325 F for 45min and turned heat off leaving cake in oven for a few hours to cool completely. No cracks.. perfect. I Iced it with with ganache; equal part heavy/whipping cream & semisweet choc chips. Boil cream, remove from heat quickly pour over choc chips and whisk till smooth. Cool 10-20min before icing the cold cake. Don't fridge until it has cooled for at least 25min on the cake. Dress with rasberries.
I have been looking for a chocolate cheesecake recipe and this one is a winner! It's very rich, so cut the slices small. I added a little coffee to the filling and used a store bought oreo cookie base that came in it's own pie pan. The pie pan was filled to the top but it didn't overflow. Thanks for the great recipe.
Fantastic! My youngest daughter has been begging me to make a chocolate cheesecake for a while now. I made it today and she and my husband LOVED it! Thanks for sharing!!!. I think next time I will try to put a layer of chocolate mousse on top like they do at the "Cheesecake Factory" endless possibilities!!