Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from "Taste of Home" magazine.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate and butter; cool for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar; mix well.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Line a 13x9x2" baking pan with foil and grease foil.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely.
- For topping:.
- Melt chocolate chips, water and butter; stir until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over brownies.
- Chill before cutting.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
These brownies are sooo good--rich and so chocolately! The chocolate whipped cream topping makes them extra special.
I made this for my family and some family friends... they loved it!! These are soooo yummy, I made them in a 8x9 pan so I had to bake them for 10 more minutes, but they were delicious. I didnt have baking squares but I used the baking cocoa substitute on the side of the can. I would recomend them to anyone!
These are really deliscious, rich, fudgy, wonderful brownies. I made these and my family loved them! Awesome recipe!