Recipe by Christmas Carol
This rich, decadent brownie is a Grand Prize winner from Taste of Home magazine. Chocolate mousse topping takes it over the edge!!!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate and butter for brownies.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil and grease the foil.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool completely.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips, water, butter, and almond extract in a microwave or double boiler.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over brownies.
- Chill before cutting.
- Pour a big glass of ice cold milk and INDULGE!
- Store leftover brownies (if there are any) in refrigerator.