Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This rich, decadent brownie is a Grand Prize winner from Taste of Home magazine. Chocolate mousse topping takes it over the edge!!!
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate and butter for brownies.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil and grease the foil.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool completely.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips, water, butter, and almond extract in a microwave or double boiler.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over brownies.
- Chill before cutting.
- Pour a big glass of ice cold milk and INDULGE!
- Store leftover brownies (if there are any) in refrigerator.
This brownie recipe was on an old Hershey Unsweetened baking chocolate box. The only difference was 1 1/2 t vanilla extract and a different topping.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe Christmas Carol.... These brownies were so easy to make...they are rich and chewy...with a lovely fluffy and light chocolate mousse topping. We love these very much...and will make these again...BK
Wonderful! Took care of my sweet craving with first bite! Very easy to make, mousse on top is to die for!!