Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
Top Review by mliss29
Wow! These are great! 2yo and 4yo sons gobbled them up and my husband said they were the best thing ever. lol. They tasted just like a Larabar and I think if I could make them look perfectly square machine-cut, no one would know the difference. I experimented with apricots, cashews, and cardamom instead of cherries, almonds, and cinnamon and those were really good too! These are so good that for my 2yo, the third little piggie in This Little Piggy Went to Market now has to have Larabars! Thank you very much! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag game.
- 1 cup dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cranberries, dried, Cherry flavored (Ocean Spray makes flavored cranberries.) or 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 1⁄3 cups raw almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- olive oil, for your hands
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, process the dates and cranberries until it forms a ball (your food processor will make a weird noise.).
- Remove fruit paste from food processor and place in mixing bowl. Do not clean food processor.
- Pulse almonds until it looks chopped (a few steps before it turns into almond meal).
- Oil your hands. Knead the nuts and cinnamon powder into the fruit paste until the nuts are incorporated.
- Shape into a brick and then slice and wrap.