Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I am in love with Cracker Barrel's Hasbrown Casserole, but not the 500 calories per serving! I took the "copycat" recipe and tweaked it a bit so it is much healthier, while still maintaining its cheesy wonderfulness!
- 16 ounces shredded potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat free broccoli cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Thaw hashbrowns and mix all ingredients together.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring the casserole halfway through baking time.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until top is browned.
I liked the flavor of this a lot but thought that the potatoes were still a little crunchy and not quite done. I like mine a little softer so think that maybe I should have cooked them a little longer than called for. The recipe doesn't state what size dish to use, so maybe that was my problem. I halved the recipe and cooked it in a small round, deep ramekin type bowl. I think that maybe a shallower dish might have worked a little better. Thanks Health Nut 101 for a nice side dish. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.
Delicious! The broccoli cheese soup is the magic ingredient. Enjoyed it even more without all the extra calories. Now I can have one of my favorites more often! Made for Fall 2009 PAC.