Recipe by Shawn C
I love this with my homemade lasagna or spaghetti. I even have it with steaks sometimes or roasted chicken. If you like garlic bread this is your bread! MAke the spread a day ahead and store in the fridge to save time, just soften before spreading. Try using different cheeses--provolone or cheddar or ack cheese!
Top Review by leperez2005
i make this bread all time time but I cut the bread in half the long way and add some cracked black pepper or lightly dust with some crushed red pepper flakes for an extra kick. This bread is especially great with any kind of pasta or soup
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut slices down the length of the bread at 1" intervals without cutting all the way through bread loaf.
- Rub slices and top of bread with the garlic halves on the cut side--mince that clove.
- Also combine the butter, garlic, parsley and cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread the mixture between each slice and any remaining on the top of the loaf.
- Wrap bread in foil, leaving partically uncovered. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.